I spent a great many of Monday nights helping a very good friend make this Alabama themed quilt for her daughter’s birthday present. I had to keep it a secret. I was not allowed to share any pictures. This was very hard for me to do. I love to share pictures of the quilts that I make.
There are twenty-four 12 inch crimson squares with white appliqued A’s on them. The squares in the sashing around the blocks are houndstooth fabric as well as the border. I quilted the Alabama themed quilt with my Juki TL98 using a meander free motion quilting pattern. The Alabama quilt is queen sized.
I finished Addisyn’s t-shirt quilt this past week. It is always fun for me to see what types of shirts people want to use in quilts. This t-shirt quilt will hopefully bring to mind lots of happy memories. I quilted it using my Juki TL-98Q.
Last week I was asked to make a fire fighter themed baby quilt. Um, yes of course I would love to. Chandon sent me a picture of a valance that was already hanging in the babies room to use for inspiration. It had a lot of black, orange, and yellow colors in it. I already had some Dalmatian fabric and spotted fabric in my stash. I have been hanging on to it for just the right quilt. I used EQ7 to come up with this baby quilt pattern.
Drum roll please……Here is the finished quilt.
The picture is a little crooked. I am not the best at taking photos. Some times I forget all together to take one because I am too excited to give the person their quilt. Here it is with out a flash.(No photo editing Tim.)
I took the finished quilt to Chandon this morning and she loved it. Yay! I am always afraid that they aren’t going to like it. This has happened to me once that I know of. I am going to create a pdf file with the instructions for this quilt some time soon. Until my next post. God bless and happy sewing.
Last year I donated a gift certificate for a handmade quilt to a silent auction. They were raising money for the Shoals Gospel Choir. I was contacted by the winner in September. She requested that I make her a quilt that had a breast cancer theme. She is currently under going treatment for the awful disease.
I wasn’t quite sure what quilt pattern to use but knew I wanted pink as the main color. I looked through a few books for inspiration and came across the friendship star block. I knew that was the one.
I made eight of the friendship star quilt blocks. The white background has a vine with pink hearts. For the center block I wanted something inspirational. I embroidered Philippians 4:13 in black and two pink ribbons on either side for the center block.
Here is the finished quilt. I free motion quilted around the two pink ribbons and stars. I machine stitched the binding on the front and hand stitched the binding on the back.
I was searching for free quilt patterns and came across this cute pattern. It looks pretty easy so I thought I would share it with you. I know how hard it is to find cute easy quilt patterns that are free. It is a PDF so you will have to have acrobat reader to open it.
Here is the latest T-Shirt quilt that I made. It is the first one that I have quilted all over. Usually I just quilt in the ditch. It was fun. Not as bad as I thought. I love the way the white thread pops off the black sashing.
I used the Moda Nautical and Nice charm pack to make the above quilt. I didn’t use many of the light colored charms. I like how the squares float off of the blue fabric. To me it resembles square life preservers.
I free motion quilted the baby quilt with a wave pattern using a cream colored thread from Ken’s Sewing Center. The fabric on the back is a Noah’s Ark print that I got a ton of years ago at a thrift store. I think I may have enough left for one more baby quilt back.
I went to North Carolina the first week of February. Laura, (One of the 2 best friends I have known since 7th grade) had to have surgery. Where she lives she has no family to help her around the house so she could rest. She has two kids and I knew that she would do way more than she was supposed to. She had two baby quilts waiting for me to quilt while I was there. I forgot to get a picture of the first one. I’ll have to have her email one to me. This one I brought home with me and free motion quilted last week.
This picture was with the flash on. I quilted it with a simple loop pattern all over.
I also finished making a Kindle cover today for a friend at church. I asked her what color she said it didn’t matter as ling as it was girly. The inside is a pale pink with white polka dots.
I also sewed a tutu on to this size 3T tshirt.
I sewed a tutu on a onesie but I think I sewed it too high up. A girl from church is gonna try it on her toddler to see how far I need to come down with it.
This is a hair bow I made that is for sale on Etsy.