I made this Bama Girl Applique Shirt for myself right before Christmas. I bought the design from a digitizer and then added the word Girl to it. We love Alabama football here in North Alabama. Too bad they aren’t playing tonight. I can’t decide if I will be routing for Auburn or Florida State tonight. Either way it will be a fantastic football game.
I made this cute Valentine’s Day Applique Hand Towel this morning. I know it is crazy to be thinking that far ahead already. The holidays creep up on me fast. I never get all the projects done that I intend on doing. I sold a few of the Christmas hand towels so I thought I would give other holidays a try too.
I made this blooming rose applique hand towel this morning as well. The blooming rose applique design is from Applique Alley. The fabric is Amy Butler. It has been in my stash for a while. My intention was to make a baby quilt with the Amy Butler fabric. I haven’t gotten there yet. I can’t decide if I want to advertise this one in my Etsy shop or not. It took a while to stitch out.
Last but not least is a picture of the pajama shirt I made for my husband to wear on Christmas day. On Christmas Eve we open new pajamas and our Christmas ornaments. The applique letters are from Planet Applique’s Santa Alphabet.
Just a sample of a few things that I have been working on this week. I had a few Etsy orders for some Christmas hand towels.
I embroidered names on the stockings for a lady using the A Pure Heart Font from Applique Corner. I also attempted my first in the hoop coaster. I bought the ITH design from Five Star Fonts Embroidery. The Monogram Coaster turned out pretty good and wasn’t all that scary to make. (Big Smiles). I get nervous trying new patterns. I don’t know why. It took me a few months just to get my embroidery machine out of the box. I was so nervous that I was going to screw something up. And I know those babies aren’t cheap. My next new project is an ITH eye glasses case that is an owl. I need to get a certain stabilizer first. It should be interesting. Wish me luck!
The bottom right hand photo is a hand towel I made for my kitchen. The Christmas Light Alpha Font is from Applique Corner. The Frame 8 Applique Design is from Applique Momma. The bottom left photo is also a hand towel using Applique Momma’s Frame 2 Applique Design.
I finally found time to create a PDF for the Easy Firefighter Baby Quilt Pattern. You can download the PDF or if you can’t open a PDF I can email you the pattern for Word.
Last week I was asked to make a fire fighter themed baby quilt. Um, yes of course I would love to. Chandon sent me a picture of a valance that was already hanging in the babies room to use for inspiration. It had a lot of black, orange, and yellow colors in it. I already had some Dalmatian fabric and spotted fabric in my stash. I have been hanging on to it for just the right quilt. I used EQ7 to come up with this baby quilt pattern.
The picture is a little crooked. I am not the best at taking photos. Some times I forget all together to take one because I am too excited to give the person their quilt. Here it is with out a flash.(No photo editing Tim.)
I took the finished quilt to Chandon this morning and she loved it. Yay! I am always afraid that they aren’t going to like it. This has happened to me once that I know of. I am going to create a pdf file with the instructions for this quilt some time soon. Until my next post. God bless and happy sewing.
Yesterday Jamie and I made a no sew tutu for her daughter Mackenzie. It was for a last minute Halloween costume. We had so much fun making it. I was surprised that it only took about an hour to make the no sew tutu.
We cut the 7/8 inch grosgrain ribbon about 14 inches longer than her waste. About 7 inches in on each end of the ribbon we made a knot. We cut the tulle about 25 inches in length then folded it in half. I took the loop of the tulle underneath the ribbon and pulled the ends through the loop knotting it like so. We alternated between hot pink, baby pink, black, purple, and mint green tulle until it was full between the knots. I had all the supplies in my stash so it didn’t cost us a penny. When Mackenzie got home from school we had her try it on. Sweet success she loved it.
I played around in EQ7 this morning. I used a block with quite a few different color schemes to see what I thought looked best. It is a pretty easy block. There are only four HST’s and the rest are squares. I printed out the directions for the block. Now I just need to test it and go from there. I created a couple of images to share.
Here it is as a table runner.
Last year I donated a gift certificate for a handmade quilt to a silent auction. They were raising money for the Shoals Gospel Choir. I was contacted by the winner in September. She requested that I make her a quilt that had a breast cancer theme. She is currently under going treatment for the awful disease.
I wasn’t quite sure what quilt pattern to use but knew I wanted pink as the main color. I looked through a few books for inspiration and came across the friendship star block. I knew that was the one.
I made eight of the friendship star quilt blocks. The white background has a vine with pink hearts. For the center block I wanted something inspirational. I embroidered Philippians 4:13 in black and two pink ribbons on either side for the center block.
I love love love getting goodies in the mailbox. I used to participate in a lot of swaps so I was frequently getting little surprises. Not so much any more. I had to sale way back when Andrew came along. This picture is my latest purchase from Etsy. I am trying to build up a small stash of Chevron Fabric.