Last week I was asked to make a fire fighter themed baby quilt. Um, yes of course I would love to. Chandon sent me a picture of a valance that was already hanging in the babies room to use for inspiration. It had a lot of black, orange, and yellow colors in it. I already had some Dalmatian fabric and spotted fabric in my stash. I have been hanging on to it for just the right quilt. I used EQ7 to come up with this baby quilt pattern.
Drum roll please……Here is the finished quilt.
The picture is a little crooked. I am not the best at taking photos. Some times I forget all together to take one because I am too excited to give the person their quilt. Here it is with out a flash.(No photo editing Tim.)
I took the finished quilt to Chandon this morning and she loved it. Yay! I am always afraid that they aren’t going to like it. This has happened to me once that I know of. I am going to create a pdf file with the instructions for this quilt some time soon. Until my next post. God bless and happy sewing.
I used the Moda Nautical and Nice charm pack to make the above quilt. I didn’t use many of the light colored charms. I like how the squares float off of the blue fabric. To me it resembles square life preservers.
I free motion quilted the baby quilt with a wave pattern using a cream colored thread from Ken’s Sewing Center. The fabric on the back is a Noah’s Ark print that I got a ton of years ago at a thrift store. I think I may have enough left for one more baby quilt back.
I went to North Carolina the first week of February. Laura, (One of the 2 best friends I have known since 7th grade) had to have surgery. Where she lives she has no family to help her around the house so she could rest. She has two kids and I knew that she would do way more than she was supposed to. She had two baby quilts waiting for me to quilt while I was there. I forgot to get a picture of the first one. I’ll have to have her email one to me. This one I brought home with me and free motion quilted last week.
This picture was with the flash on. I quilted it with a simple loop pattern all over.
I also finished making a Kindle cover today for a friend at church. I asked her what color she said it didn’t matter as ling as it was girly. The inside is a pale pink with white polka dots.
I also sewed a tutu on to this size 3T tshirt.
I sewed a tutu on a onesie but I think I sewed it too high up. A girl from church is gonna try it on her toddler to see how far I need to come down with it.
This is a hair bow I made that is for sale on Etsy.
I was checking their site and they have posted that they are in need of quilts for boys. So if you feel like sewing for a good cause this would be a great way to do so. They delivered over 20,000 quilts last year.
It has been a while sense I have been able to sit and work on a pattern to share with my fellow quilter’s. I designed this a few months ago. I finally finished the DOWNLOADABLE PDF. The finished wall hanging measures 30 x 30 inches. I hope you enjoy it. I look forward to actually finding the time to make it for myself. (This is my 501 post too). Wow!
I finished this baby quilt today for a lady at church. She is due next month with her second girl. I knew I wanted to make something modern this time. Something similar to a coin quilt. With this one I added an inch to the sashing fabric each time I added a strip so that it gradually gets wider. I think next time I will add a little more. It is hard to tell to me. I used some fabric squares from the Hello Betty line made by Moda. I bought the charm pack a while back and have been waiting for the right time to use it. The back of the quilt is some Noah’s Ark material that I have a few yards of. I have used it a few times for the back of baby quilts. I hope she likes it.
With a Flash
With Out the Flash
Just thought I would add a picture of my boy from his football game the other night. He sacked the quarterback. Way to go Tyler!!!
I finished this baby quilt this morning. It is so cute. I washed it once and it has ruffled up pretty good. It is so soft and cuddly. The material is flannel and made by Henry Glass. They have the pattern for free on the website under the New Projects Link. It was pretty easy. You can buy a special cutter to cut the slits. However it is $30 at Hancock. You can find it cheaper on Ebay. I just used my sharpest scissors. My hand got a little tired. I had to take a break. I just love how it turned out.Thanks Gram for asking me to make this.
Over at My Quilting Buddies we are taking sign ups for a stacked coins quilt strip swap. We will be swapping a strip of 40 coins. It should be fun. We would love to have you join us. The partner list will go out on the 11th.
Here is the quilt I made for the Quilts for Kids program. They sent me the kit. All I had to do was provide the batting and sew the quilt together. I named the quilt- Seeing Spots. I love the dog fabric. I hope it keeps a child nice and warm.
I finished this memory quilt today for a customer. The striped blocks are a very old baby quilt. I had to quilt it onto a piece of fabric so that when I cut it up it wouldn’t fall apart. The yellow in the nine patches are from baby clothes as is the white with the little orange dogs.